Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

The Meowseum #2 - Let's Golf !

 


My only approach to golf in Space Jam (though I like mini-golf) so when I found these very recently it was a nice surprise, I was very curious about it (and because I thought I was aware of every official Sam merch existing but turns out I'm not and I expect that to this day I'm still not aware of a few stuff).

So let's golf !


My version is a bit damaged as you can see, the box isn't a good quality thing and it's easy to crush by mistake so be cautious when you manipulate it.
Now that I think of it I could very well trade it with the 2nd box I got which is in a very good condition because it's not sealed but I didn't think about it before writing this.

It apparently came out in 1996, there were two type of bundle, one with two balls (the character on it is most likely random) and a bundle with 6 balls (all of the characters ?)

Picture I randomly found on a way too suspicious eBay account that I won't share because I suspect it to be a scam

So according to this bundle you could at least get Spidey (in fact I have two in that second box I mentionned above), Hulk, Sam, Magneto, Captain America and I don't know who the last one is, I would bet on another villain who was popular in the 90s. Maybe more because the box features Iron Man and the Torch but I can't find anything about these balls online.


You can click for bigger pictures

The balls seems to respect the 1.680 pouce rule so I guess they're usable but again I don't know shit about golf.
The art is kinda ok considering how small it is. Obviously it's Sam in his 90s bald form and Prof Hulk because they came out during this era.
I don't know what the "2" here refere to though.
I don't have much more to say but I like this find a lot, the oddest and unrelated to comics it is, the more interesting it gets for me haha ! I really like odd items and diving in merch history through Sam is a very fun ride.

The Meowseum #2 - Let's Golf !

  My only approach to golf in Space Jam (though I like mini-golf) so when I found these very recently it was a nice surprise, I was very cur...