Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2024

The Meowseum #3 Movie Script !

 


The Incredible Hulk movie is one of my comfort movie, I enjoy rewatching it at least once a month or so while working so I was very happy to find that script and because I'm a huge simp let it be signed by my favorite actor, Tim Blake Nelson.
But I talked about MCU Sam and Tim Blake Nelson longer here so let's focus on that specific find :

According to what I read it's the first draft and it's super interesting to see the differences between the final movie and that script. It's not THAT different of course but there's some slightly changes that are worth talking about.
I'll focus on Sam 'cause that's just what I do.


In that script, it seems that Sam was supposed to "die". As he lies on the floor instead of mutating he thinks about what he says about "I always be more curious than cautious" and how if it gotta kill him then so be it when Bruce tried to warn him about the dangers of helping him out, he's like "damn, so it really killed me" and after that a soldier finds him and says he's dead.
It is unclear if it was, like, a permanent death or just him being "dead" prior to his mutation but it does match what Tim Blake Nelson said recently about that specific mutation moment

"During production on the film in Toronto, Nelson says, “they didn’t end up shooting the scene in which his head is irradiated and starts to expand, that is at the end of the movie. They said, ‘Well, we’ll get it later.’ And I said to myself, ‘Well, if they really do pick this up later, I’ll know that they really meant it.’ And they did. I was flown out to Los Angeles, and we spent the day doing the shot that they hadn’t gotten in Toronto." - Tim Blake Nelson (source)

So I guess they wanted to have Sam "dying" just in case his mutation doesn't happen to avoid letting a plot hole if Incredible Hulk 2 wasn't a thing anymore.

Ironically it never happened and it did become a plot hole (until Cap 4).

There's not so many differences but this one was a fun thing I wanted to share about what could have been for MCU Sam.

It's not the oddest Sam thing I have, there's not much to say about it, it's just a script, but it certainly is one of my favorite. It's very simple and not the only Tim Blake Nelson sign I have (because I have a few through MCU trading cards as well) but, idk, it's kinda cool and unusual so I like it a lot haha

Let's Talk Collecting

Why do people collect ? That's a question we always hear as collectors. We can't really answer that, there's as many answers as ...